Dodge Ram SRT-10 The best claim to fame. the world's fastest production pick up, the Dodge Ram SRT-10. With outstanding Viper inspired styling, power and handling, this sport pick up will blow the doors off anything that gets in it's way.

Lightning vs SRT-10

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2006, 01:29 PM
freedom
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Lightning vs SRT-10

Hrmmm, I dont know what to make of this thread..... every SRT-10 guy I have ever met up with has been all about respecting the Lightning, and the same goes for the Lightning guys I know.... both are very cool trucks.... I dont think most Lightning guys are ****** at all, they are some of the most mature folks I have hung around in the car world. They tend to show respect to any performance cars/trucks out there. If anything we should be ganging up on the GM guys, since their best effort for a sport truck is a heavy SUV with mushy suspension and an LS2.....

Don't fall into the "if we had a supercharger" trap guys, I expect better than that from you.... ricers are the ones who complain about "what ifs" american muscle guys run what they brung..... I am blown and sprayed.... my philosophy is I am not going to leave anything "until next time"....

So... group hug?

Old 09-05-2006, 04:47 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: 99Lightning

Shall we all not forget that it was Dodge that originally planted the idea of a performance truck in the '70's with the Lil Red Wagon?

Actually the first performance truck was before the little red truck. It was called the Dude and Dodge made it. Came with the same 383 that the road runners had.

Then Little Red Truck

Then the GMC Syclone

Ford Lightning

Dodge SRT-10

Chevy also threw in a Joe Gibbs performance truck and we should also count the El Camino SS and SS454 Silverado.

Not sure why you wanted to bring up a post that was a year old, new post would have been better

Old 09-05-2006, 04:52 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: 99Lightning

And I aggree, most Lightning owners are ******, but there are a few that know whats goin on. Thanks
I do not know about that. I think it really depends on the part of the country you are in as far as how the owners act. For the most part where I live I rarely find any owner that is a *****. If they are they are 18/19 and need to mature or they have cars that are 100K+ in price and think they are better. But that is not always the case, was chatting with a Ford GT owner this weekend for a half hour.

Old 09-05-2006, 08:54 PM
moparracing
Amateur

stock for stock -- the srt-10 is the baddest production truck around........ case closed.

Old 10-24-2006, 07:20 AM
GateCrasher

Alright I have to post something. My familey owns a 00 Lightning and are about to buy an SRT 10 Ram, both being silver. They both are very fast and cool and have alot of people hating on them because there trucks blah blah blah. We have got the Lightning to a 13.802, and run mid to low 13.8's consistantly. It is bone stock and has about 13k on the od. Lightnings are lighter and right now are cheaper and easier to modify. The Ram on the other hand has more horsepower (torque is close we put 438 to the gruond), a Viper V10, and a stick. They use different ways to get power but they are both cool. Also there are idiots every where, a SRT 10 owner gave me endless crap about how his truck was faster than my Lightning. I tried to convince him to come to the track with us but he made up some lame excuse. It was problebly better he didn't though because a guy was running 12's on the street tires in a mildly moded SRT 10. Both trucks rock but ford dropped the ball and ended the Lightning. Imagine a 500+ horsepower Lighting vs. a 600+ horsepower SRT 10!!!

Also Dodge does not supercharge their cars. They turbo them. Remember the 80's and early 90's. You could get a car that is just as fast bone stock as an SRT 4. Stuped emissions.

Old 10-24-2006, 09:38 PM
motorider228
Champion

Personally I have only talked in person with one lightning owner and he was a great guy. Saw the L outfront of a party and saw this guy with a ford racing hat on so i asked if it was his and he said yeah. I started talking to him and he asked what I had and i told him a RCSB 2wd 06 hemi ram. he said they are sweet trucks and could eat the trucks in its class (5.4 ford and the 5.3 chevy) plus he said he respects dodge because my hemi is as fast as chevys attempt at a fast truck. I then told him i am going to turbo or supercharge my truck and he told me he wants to run them when thats done because he has never seen dodge ram (non srt10) tail lights and he wanst that experience. After that he took me for a ride and boy those things are quick. All in all I love lightnings, srt10's and even the SS because it has AWD and i could get a vortec supercharger and then they would be fast.

Old 04-15-2007, 06:24 PM
salmons22

well i must say that i agree with some of you and totally disagree with some.
i am a die hard ford fan and that means i agree with dodge guys on one thing that chevy's suck lol.
but really i am a big fan of the lightning cause with alittle tune and a spray there good for 600 on the dyno.
but the big delima is stock vs stock, ford guys say you have a v-10 with 8.3L vs my 5.4L v-8, but they don't relize that the supercharger is not totally sure but like 2L so that makes the ford a v-8 thats 7.4L vs dodge with 8.3L not a huge difference. and everyone must hand it to the dodge guys for throwing a manual transmisson make the drive so much more fun but if you take the it down to the facts.

1. everyone knew that ford was dropping the lightning cause SVT was going to be know more
2. dodge wanted back on top
3. dodge quickly stepped up to the plate and just said what do we have that will take that lightning
4. one guy says just jokeing around we could put a viper engine in a ram lol
5. head guys say YEAH we could do that.
6. head guys say MAKE it HAPPEN
7. result worlds fastest pickup truck ram SRT-10
8. only reason we are able to love and drive our SRT-10 because of the lightning's
9. look at the real facts to be a pickup truck it must haul more than a** the dodge cannot so ford really is the fastest pickup truck but if we are only going on looks like a truck dodge wins. but original that beat the lightning doesn't have a payload.
10. i choose a SRT-10 better truck bigger faster and its a suburban truck it hauls food and people and the new big screen home.

these are facts and opinions but true non the same.

salmons22
ford lover that drive a dodge ram SRT-10
and a 79 f-150 with a 460

Old 04-16-2007, 02:19 AM
Midnight Runner
Champion

If anyone knows anyone in my area with a Lightning, I would be more than happy to take either one of my trucks against it. (minus the 22's on the white one, I would go to 18's aluminums w/slicks)[sm=nxsmile.gif]

Quick Reply: Lightning vs SRT-10