Dodge Ram SRT-10 The best claim to fame. the world's fastest production pick up, the Dodge Ram SRT-10. With outstanding Viper inspired styling, power and handling, this sport pick up will blow the doors off anything that gets in it's way.

I am starting to hate my Ram SRT-10

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2006, 03:59 AM
Hell_raiser27
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I am starting to hate my Ram SRT-10

Im new to this forum But I would just like to say I have an 2004 srt-10 R/C And I had the same problem.. The truck was in the shop more than I was able to drive it.. That PISSED me off.. So after all was said and done.. And so far so good.. The problem reflects on bothe Dodge replaced 1 rim and three tires..I know three tires thats bull**** why not all four? Any ways You know how businesses are..After all is replaced that they are willing to replace I am happier... No vibrations yet..9,000 mi. now and still no vibrations.. Just my input hope it helps...

Old 07-15-2008, 02:21 AM
bcruzer

I have the PARELLI'S on my SRT10 also. I have horrible vibration between 65 and 80 MPH - over 80 and it reduces greatly. I took it back to the dealership and they rebalanced the tires but the vibration was still there. So the dealer told me that there was nothing they could do. I needed to go to a PARELLI authorized dealer for warranty. So I did and they Road Force balanced them and the vibration was still present. Then they replaced 3 of the 4 tires and the vibration was still there!!! They told me that it was not the tires or wheels causing the vibrations. So I swapped wheels and tires from a friend’s truckand the vibration finally was gone. He had BF Goodrich tires. So it is either the wheels or the tires is causing the vibration.
This is last Dodge that I buy,not because of the automobiles are bad but dealerships seem to find a way not stand behind their products. Believe me I love the truck but trying to get them to fix it is like pulling teeth. I tried two local dealerships here and wrote Dodges customer service with no response….Never had problem with Lexus or Infinity with my wife cars. Dodge my want re-think what 5 star means dealership because both, that I have been to SUCK.

Old 07-17-2008, 07:56 PM
srt10boy
Rookie

I replaced my pirellis with kumhos and have been happy ever since, might give them a try, cost not near as much as for pirellis

Old 07-17-2008, 10:24 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Just replace the tires (not with Pirelli), trust me, they suck on these trucks. It is not the rims. I went with General Grabber UHPs. Good price and smooth ride, and, believe it or not, get decent traction.

As for how Dodge would handle, they really did eveything they could. The dealer is NOT going to replace the tires with a different brand. It is Pirelli's fault for the bad ride. You could have just made an agreement to buy you own set, and if it fixed it (it would have) then they could have paid you back. But once again they would not have physicallyput on a different brand under warranty.

Old 07-19-2008, 10:30 AM
Midnight Runner
Champion

At least he found out the problem and it's a easy one to fix.

Quick Reply: I am starting to hate my Ram SRT-10