Dodge Ram SRT-10 The best claim to fame. the world's fastest production pick up, the Dodge Ram SRT-10. With outstanding Viper inspired styling, power and handling, this sport pick up will blow the doors off anything that gets in it's way.

My First Drag Strip....!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 01:10 AM
jeffgilliam.2005
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My First Drag Strip....!!!!

Like Most others who have the Ram, after purchasing it, it awakens the inner workings to reveal the playful side of all of us...Well Finally Today I got to witness My First Drag Strip...It was rather impressive to see everyone who had the same passion as me out there having a good time...I ran my truck through a couple times just to get the feeling of a actual race. When the time trials came up though i stepped back to see everyone else. It was only a 1/8th mile track full of much older vehicles that looked like they could barely stay together but as soon as the lights turned green, the real ugly side came out. After all of the vehicles passes I couldn't believe the quickness of two vehicles: The new Trailblazer SS and of course our favorite friend the Ford Lightning SVT, Both had very good times for day, I think the SS had 8.46 and the best Ford ( there was 3 SVT's) ( I was the only ram there) ran a 7.25... I don't know how that matches with anyone else but this WAS my first one, I'm 20 so hopefully i will get to see many more and participate in all of the rest...!!!!!

Old 03-12-2007, 01:36 AM
Nicky B
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My First Drag Strip....!!!!

ORIGINAL: jeffgilliam.2005

Like Most others who have the Ram, after purchasing it, it awakens the inner workings to reveal the playful side of all of us...Well Finally Today I got to witness My First Drag Strip...It was rather impressive to see everyone who had the same passion as me out there having a good time...I ran my truck through a couple times just to get the feeling of a actual race. When the time trials came up though i stepped back to see everyone else. It was only a 1/8th mile track full of much older vehicles that looked like they could barely stay together but as soon as the lights turned green, the real ugly side came out. After all of the vehicles passes I couldn't believe the quickness of two vehicles: The new Trailblazer SS and of course our favorite friend the Ford Lightning SVT, Both had very good times for day, I think the SS had 8.46 and the best Ford ( there was 3 SVT's) ( I was the only ram there) ran a 7.25... I don't know how that matches with anyone else but this WAS my first one, I'm 20 so hopefully i will get to see many more and participate in all of the rest...!!!!!
A 7.25 is very fast time for any truckthats equal to about low 12's if I'm not mistaken. Cause I have seen a Hemi run a 7.8 in the 1/8th then in the 1/4mile it ran a 12.7 And yeah the SS's are pretty fast bone stock with a good driver they can pull off a 13.9 maybe just maybe a 13.8

Quick Reply: My First Drag Strip....!!!!