Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

New member w/questionsRam wagon 2500

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 10:11 PM
Care-A-Van
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you ever find out what the weird noise coming from the drivers side front end? It sounds like the spring is being twanged during low speed left hand turns of medium radius,and sometimes when just hitting a bump.It almost seems like the spring isn't sitting in its perch right?
I am having a similar noise in my 2001 3500 Ram Van.

Originally Posted by mazdax605
Hey Guys,

I am a long time Dodge owner,but always pickup trucks.Last night I bought a 2001 Ram wagon 2500 Van w/100k miles on it.It seems to be in pretty good overall shape,but has a few issues.One was the heater fan only worked on high,but that is fixed now after I replaced the resistor pack under the hood.The other is a weird noise coming from the drivers side front end.It sounds like the spring is being twanged during low speed left hand turns of medium radius,and sometimes when just hitting a bump.It almost seems like the spring isn't sitting in its perch right,but I have yet to have the opportunity to jack it up,and look at it. The seller told me he had an upper ball joint on that side replaced a week or so ago,and yesterday he had the van looked at yesterday and the mechanic determined that his fellow mechanic had installed a ball joint that was too small.It turns out that even though the van is a 2500 it uses ball joints from a 3500.Does this sound right? It does make sense to me as my friend has a 2001 ram 2500 pickup that has a Cummins in it,and it uses the 3500 front end parts.Any ideas on the noise from the front end.How about the lower ball joints?Are they easy to replace?Are they cheap/expensive. Did I get ripped off with this deal at $6000 for a 2001 van w/100k miles? I guess it is too late anyway.Will this van with the 5.2 litre tow a 5000lb camper fairly well?Thanks in advance.

Chris
2001 Ram Wagon 2500 (Red)
1979 Mazda RX-7 GS (Spark Yellow)
1974 Mazda RE/PU(Rotary engine pickup)Green

Quick Reply: New member w/questionsRam wagon 2500