Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

1991 Dodge Conversion Van AT

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 04:52 PM
carl3572
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1991 Dodge Conversion Van AT

Does anyone have any information on the 1991 Dodge Conversion Van, Im about to buy a used one that has 109,000 miles on, I have to get it inspected, everything seems to be decent on it except some squealing and hard to turn the steering wheel and I'll prob need to buy a new battery cause he had to use a battery charger in order for me to get it started and drive it. I figured it is the power steering which shouldnt cost too much to fix but maybe someone on here knows if its a larger common problem that I might want to watch out for.... the body is in great shape and the interior just needs some work but Im not too familiar with dodge's ive seen mostly good things about these vans on here once i get it up and inspected. Any help or info would be greatly appreciated ASAP. Im prob buying it tomorrow.

Old 06-15-2007, 06:18 PM
stev
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: 1991 Dodge Conversion Van AT

Is the squeeling noise the power steering pump and belt? If so, then the cost isn't to bad to repair. If the power steering was shot with the rack and pinion, I would walk away from the deal.

Oh, BTW, I really like your snow photos on your website! We live up here in Niagara Falls next to Buffalo and all of the snow too.

So, who is the manufacture of the conversion? Is the van a B150 or B250 series model? Do you know the engine type? I just sold my 2000 V6 B1500 (B150) recently for $3,600. It was in fine shape too. If you pay over that for the 1991, you paid too much. Starting in 1994-1/2 model year, these vans got a generation refresh. The engines went totally fuel injection, better fuel economy and Hp. The bodies were made aerodynamically on the front and the HVAC AC system went to R134a.

If the conversion is a B150 with a /6 engine, then the fuel economy isn't bad at all. The bigger 318 or 360 engines drink fuel.

Old 06-16-2007, 03:37 AM
carl3572
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No I'm not paying too much for it... $800. Unfortunately I think it has the 318 in it... but I've dying for a Conversion for so long that relatively cheap so I'll just have to suck it up and fill it up lol... I can always stop by the Indian Res up there in Niagara at Smokin Joes and fill up a little cheaper lol... I have friends in Hamburg, Williamsville, Buffalo area all through out there in the Falls region I used to get up there about 3 or 4 times a year but its been a little harder lately with working more. Honestly Im not sure if its was the power steering area or possibly the rack and pinion I've never had to deal with a bad rack and pinion so Im not sure what it would act like... I hope I dont get the shaft on this one lol literally...

Old 06-17-2007, 08:26 PM
stev
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's neat being familar with the WNY area.

If its the PS, and only a battery, you'll do fine getting it into shape.

The 318 isn't a bad engine. That vintage is either a carburated or throttle body injected. I don't remember the year the TB came in. After 1994, the TB went to TB with injectors for each cylinder. This gave better power and fuel economy.

Welcome to the forums and keep active here.

Stev

Quick Reply: 1991 Dodge Conversion Van AT