Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

2000 1500 Ram Van won't start

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2010, 08:36 PM
Joseperezp
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Big M Motorsport
Well........ It's running!!!!! When I was checking the spark at the plug it was kind of orange. So in a last hoora I wired up an spareMSD coil for my race car and what do ya know, Varumm!! The thing isI just replaced that thing about 8000 miles ago when I tuned it up! I've never seen one die like it did while driving down the road and still work! Thanks for all your help sir!!!! Marc
What means that the spark was orange?. What is a hoora?. How the MSD coil was wired?. Was wired to the PCM or just plugged to the connector?. What was the "thing" that you replaced?. You solve a difficult problem like P0320 code but I do not get what did you do. Did you just change the ignition coil? I would really appreciate that you help others with a more detailed answer so others could use your experience. Thank you.

Old 09-20-2010, 09:33 AM
alloro
Van & CUV Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 72 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by Joseperezp
What means that the spark was orange?. What is a hoora?.
An orange spark is a weak spark. A good strong spark is blue. What he meant by hoora is he was cheering over the fact that the ignition coil was the problem and that he fixed it it. The MSD ignition coil he used gets wired the same way as the OEM one, positive to positive, negative to negative, and then of course the center wire from the distributor plugs in.

Old 09-21-2010, 04:06 PM
Joseperezp
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default thank you

Originally Posted by alloro
An orange spark is a weak spark. A good strong spark is blue. What he meant by hoora is he was cheering over the fact that the ignition coil was the problem and that he fixed it it. The MSD ignition coil he used gets wired the same way as the OEM one, positive to positive, negative to negative, and then of course the center wire from the distributor plugs in.
Thank you for your quick answer. I appreciate very much this clarification.

Quick Reply: 2000 1500 Ram Van won't start