Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

muffler question

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2007, 12:26 PM
boc_B250
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default muffler question

My muffler failed the other day on my '93 B250 and I'm planning on replacing it myself. However, I was curious about the numerous kinds of mufflers available and whether a different model might benefit my van. I'm also attempting to do this on a strict budget and a cheaper muffler looks attractive, however, I don't want to lose any performance or make the procedure more difficult than it has to be. Any advice would be appreciated.

Old 12-09-2007, 10:45 AM
durangeddurango
Professional
Default RE: muffler question

if this is the stock muffler that had failed,then any aftermarket muffler will allow a more cfm of flow (not talking stock replacement) the cheaper mufflers would be a soundfx- walker,turbo by thrush,after that they start climbing over the 30 dollar mark. rememberwhen purchasing a muffler the cheaper you are the cheaper the part is made and you will be replacing faster than anticipated.

Old 01-08-2008, 11:35 PM
boc_B250
Default RE: muffler question

thanks. I decided to go for the stock muffler replacement. It was for the best for all the holiday travel I needed to do. I'll probably look into a better muffler when I replace my catalytic converter this spring/summer.

Quick Reply: muffler question