Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

Engine Origin/Swap Questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 01:46 PM
markoman
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine Origin/Swap Questions

Hello All

I'm new to this forum--but a long time MOPAR man--starting with my '63 Fury Interceptor w/ wide block 318--graduated up to a '65 Dodge Coronet 500 early muscle car with a built up 383 that was pushing 475 HP and turned a 11.75 in the 1/4 mile.

I'm now comfortably settled in an '88 B250 Ram Van that recently lost compression due to head cracks. In considering getting these rebuilt for $600--I came across a rebuilt 318 long block that I am considering buying--and am wondering how I might get info on compatibility.

This is a newly rebuilt long block with engine # 2B416994--and had a 2BBL carb on top. I plan to convert it over to my TBI and computer/manifold set up when I install it--as I've had long satisfaction (15 years and 150K+) with it's performance. I was getting over 22 MPG on the highway at 70 MPH cruise control.

My question is how can I determine what the origin of this engine is? Anyone know how I can get some background info on this block given I only have the above mentioned engine #?

Also--any suggestions on marketing the old engine? It has 225K and runs strong except for the need to replace/repairheads--which are very hard to locate.

Thanks for any help you all can provide--and what a great forum I am seeing here!

Go MOPAR!

Markoman

Old 02-11-2008, 11:50 AM
markoman
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Engine Origin/Swap Questions

Doesn't look like anyone out there has any clues on how I proceed!?!?

Thanks anyway.

Old 02-15-2008, 07:23 PM
stev
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Engine Origin/Swap Questions

I don't know much about engine swaps. The engine used in the Ram Vans is basically the same as the Dodge Truck for the same given years more or less.

So, swapping an enigne from a truck into a van within the same ear should work. Just pay close attention to the tranny match up. Nate at the other Dodge forum on the web in the van section would know more.

Quick Reply: Engine Origin/Swap Questions