Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

95 ram van 2500 ECU problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 02:02 PM
Kegger
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 ram van 2500 ECU problem

Have 95 ram van 2500 production date 1/95, it had stopped charging, pulled alt. and tested good 5 times, so thought had bad regulator in ecu, changed ecu with oem part and still no charge and now van runs bad, surges and hard start and dies when put in to drive, remove alt and replaced brushes and cleaned armature and now charges great, but still runs bad, think dealer sold me wrong ecu, they exchanged it to no avail and still runnig the same, this is 3 sp auto5.2 van, now when I scan codes comes up with open overdrive selinoid and troque converter lock out selinoidopen,the dealer tells me they did not offer 3sp auto in 95, starting in 96, is it possible has 96 trans? and they are selling me a 95 4sp auto w/od? They do not know? any ideas out there?

Old 02-28-2008, 02:29 PM
alloro
Van & CUV Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 72 Likes on 68 Posts
Default RE: 95 ram van 2500 ECU problem

If they installed a replacement ECU based on model, year, and engine information, then yes it could be the wrong one. But if they replaced it using the number off of the ECU itself then it will be the correct one.

Keep in mind that if the other ECU was bad, those tranny codes problems might have been there and the bad ECU just wasn't reporting them. But considering that the engine starting running bad after the ECU was changed, then you've got the wrong ECU, the replacement is correct but defective, or a couple of the pins are bent and not making contact in the ECU connector.

Old 03-09-2008, 04:16 PM
Suprageezer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 95 ram van 2500 ECU problem

One thing to keep in mind is if the dealer installed a remanufactured ECU like the three I've got from NAPA, remanufactured means, pulled from a junk van, cleaned and spry painted black. They do not excavate the silicone and replace bad or weak parts. There are good comapnies out there that do they right job and excavate and replace the badand weak parts.

Quick Reply: 95 ram van 2500 ECU problem