Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

2002 van possible electrical/ignition switch problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2008, 06:33 PM
riverlocks
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 van possible electrical/ignition switch problem

I have a 2002 Dodge Van 1500 with the 5.2 engine. Had it in for service at the dealer in the spring and since then have had a problem.

Occasionally when I go to start it I will get no power to the radio,turn signals, or power window's. Shut vehicle off and restart and the items will work.

Fuses look good. Just wasn't sure if it is an electrical problem or ignition switch.

Old 10-10-2008, 07:55 PM
Mobile Auto Repair
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

May be just a minor annoyance. Next time this happens check the key switch by gently turning the key towards the "off" position but do not turn it off. You may find that the key will gently move just a few degrees and all items will work. I have seen where the spring in the box gets weak or there is dirt in the key cylinder and that will prevent the key from bouncing back fully from the "start" position. If indeed that is the problem you can buy some lock cylinder lube and put in the key hole, be ready to wipe off the excess, and that may solve it. If it is the spring in the ignition box you may just want to live with it for now until you need to change it out.

Last edited by Mobile Auto Repair; 10-10-2008 at 07:58 PM.

Quick Reply: 2002 van possible electrical/ignition switch problem