Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

94 Ram B250 wont start...HELP!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 05:07 PM
dundee628
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 94 Ram B250 wont start...HELP!!!!!

Loaned my van to a friend (ok first big mistake) I dont drive it much and he needed help moving. It has been hard to start for about a year now wont catch till you try a couple times. He started her up and didnt let her warm up and put her into gear....she stalled and hasnt run since. I should say that right before he borrowed her I ran her about 40 miles with NO issues.

She has spark and is getting fuel (could tell that easy cause the idiot pumped the gas and flooded the engine). The rotor turns so I dont think it is the timing chain. At this point we are stumped.......HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by dundee628; 12-08-2008 at 05:08 PM. Reason: forgot something
Old 12-08-2008, 06:47 PM
alloro
Van & CUV Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 93 Likes on 83 Posts

How many miles since the last tune-up?

Old 12-09-2008, 11:09 PM
dundee628
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It was just done a little bit ago (couple months) but the van doesnt get run a lot....its my second vehicle

Old 12-10-2008, 02:56 AM
alloro
Van & CUV Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 93 Likes on 83 Posts

Well if you have spark and fuel, then you could be looking at a low compression issue. Might want to get your hands on a compression tester and check at least a couple of the easy to reach ones.

One other thing to check is the color of the spark. Grab a spare spark plug, connect any one of the spark plug wires to it, and using something insulated hold it against some engine metal. Then crank the engine and observe if the spark color is blue or orange. Blue is good, orange means a weak coil.

Old 12-10-2008, 12:15 PM
landyacht318
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dundee628

She has spark and is getting fuel (could tell that easy cause the idiot pumped the gas and flooded the engine). The rotor turns so I dont think it is the timing chain. At this point we are stumped.......HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!
I didn't think it was possible to flood a fuel injected engine. I'd make sure your are indeed getting fuel. Not sure how to do this on a MPFI. Fuel pressure check, fuel filter.

Quick Reply: 94 Ram B250 wont start...HELP!!!!!