Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

2000 Dodge Ram van 1500 HELP

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 08:09 PM
aftowne
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry 2000 Dodge Ram van 1500 HELP

I have a 2000 Dodge Ram Van 1500 V6 3.9 85,000 miles. About 5 months ago my van died on the highway after about 20 min it started. About 4 weeks latter it died again on the highway this time I could not get it started so I had it towed to a repair shop. When they got aroud to looking at it they said it started right up they had it for about a week and could not find anything wrong with it they said it might be the gas. So I ran the tank low and then drained it and I ran high test for a few weeks and everything was fine then it died again. So I had it towed to my house the next day it started right up then a few weeks went by and it died again I brought it to a differant repair shop they went to work on it the next day it started right up they kept it for a few days and could not find anything wroung with it. every time it dies it starts up with in 24 hours and its always been on the highway and even the Dodge dealership near me said if its not broken they won't find anything wrong with it. its cost me about 1,000 dollars in the last few months and I'm missing work . if there is anyone out there that knows what the problem is you will make me a very happy man. I have 3 kids and we like to fish and go camping but I'm affraid it will brake down.

Old 05-13-2009, 09:58 AM
alloro
Van & CUV Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 84 Likes on 76 Posts

Replace the crankshaft position sensor. It's about $40-$50 from an auto parts store and can be changed easily within 15 minutes. You have to remove the engine cover first, then you'll see it between the engine and tranny on top on the passenger side. It's held in by 2 bolts and has one 3-wire plug.

Quick Reply: 2000 Dodge Ram van 1500 HELP