Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

'00 ram van 1500 Bad Injector?? please help

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 12:04 PM
Andy3A
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

EXACTLY my point, Thank you!

i will try those things though, thanks

Old 09-22-2009, 10:40 AM
Andy3A
Default good news

after 3 garages and $850+ later, I think we've got it. (knock on wood)

to recap, my 2000 b1500 would drive about a mile or 2 with rough idling and acceleration, then when trying to go from a dead stop , would lose power and go nowhere. no lights came on, all gages appeared fine, just lost all physical power and went nowhere. pepboys were clueless and $750 later said they didnt know and said i should go to a dodge dealer. not about to give up and go to a dealer i brought it then to 2 tiny shops owned by friends of a friend. they could find no codes in the system and everything physically checked out. then the 2nd shop discovered a poorly connected ecm ground cable. once he repaired it and made a new connection the van runs great, like it should. he tested it for 50mi before even calling me and it seemed solved. so i just got it and drove it around a bit. super smooth idles now and none of the previous issues whatsoever. no stalling and the green machine drives once more. i hope to god this is what it was because its been 2 or 3 months and i couldnt take much more.

thanks to all of you on here for your help and suggestions.
ill def be returning to this site much more.
-andy
i love my van

Old 09-22-2009, 07:26 PM
cudajim
Rookie
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds typical of a lot of hack mechanics. They replace parts that don't need replacing then blame it all on the "computer" when it's most likely a sensor gone bad. Much of the time just picking up a volt/ohmmeter and testing suspected sensors will tell you a lot.

Old 09-23-2009, 12:06 AM
Andy3A

I completely agree and thats exactly what they did.
Couldn't pinpoint the problem so just started switching out parts blindly.
I mean I'm by no means a car/van savvy person, but I'm not an idiot and know when theyre trying to take advantage, just sucks that its usually after the fact haha. Its funny though how much I have learned just by owning this van and having to fix one problem after the other. By the time I part ways with it I'm sure I'll be pretty knowledgeable. I stinks because i bought it with my touring band in mind and i was basically looking to pick up a totally dependable van ready to hit the road problem and maintenance free ya know, which was foolish on my part due to the fact that there's no such thing, but with every repair I struggle through, it puts that much more confidence in my "mobile home".
Ive always told myself that if I take care of it, it'll take care of me.

Quick Reply: '00 ram van 1500 Bad Injector?? please help