Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

Need Help, Electrical Problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 01:45 PM
dodgewise
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Need Help, Electrical Problem

Hi I have searched on here for an answer and can't find one, I don't know if this is connected, but a couple of days ago I was adding coolant to the AC system and after starting the engine, the power windows don't work, nor does the ac/heater blower and to top it off the ignition isn't working either, I tried to find a blown fuse but they are all good as far as I can see, but there is a fuse that is not getting juice so it looks like it could be related to the starter?
It would help if I had some kind of diagram or at least knew which fuse controls those, if anyone has a diagram for a 92 250 Ram van I would appreciate it. I just disconnected the male female connection that comes from the positive battery terminal and wouldn't you know it, the problem is gone, but then just as quick it came back, could it be some kind of short in that connector? I disconnected and reconnected and voila everything works again. but I can't rely on that I need to figure out what's wrong, please help.
Thanks
Ken

Last edited by dodgewise; 11-05-2009 at 02:16 PM.
Old 11-05-2009, 02:32 PM
alloro
Van & CUV Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 93 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by dodgewise
I just disconnected the male female connection that comes from the positive battery terminal and wouldn't you know it, the problem is gone, but then just as quick it came back, could it be some kind of short in that connector?

By connector are you talking about the connection to the battery post or some other connector?

Old 11-06-2009, 02:05 PM
dodgewise
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's a male female that goes to the positive terminal and the other end goes to the harness. Does that make sense?

Old 11-06-2009, 04:06 PM
alloro
Van & CUV Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 93 Likes on 83 Posts

If it's the one that has a single red wire going into and then out of, yes I know the one. That one carries power to the ignition switch and the connector has been known to corrode inside. I would pull it apart and give the connection points a good cleaning.

Quick Reply: Need Help, Electrical Problem