Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

Dual exhaust help

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 02:27 PM
rebelsurveyor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dual exhaust help

Recently purchased a 01 Dodge Ram Van 2500 with the 318. Most driving will be around town but occasionally will be pulling a 6x10 enclosed trailer with about 700 lbs cargo for a total of 2000 lbs. Was wondering if anybody had installed headers and dual exhaust on this model and whether it was even worth it to gain a little torque and gas mileage.
Thanks,
Evan

Old 01-12-2010, 07:21 PM
Mobile Auto Repair
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A 2,000 pound trailer is nothing to our vans, most times it won't know it is even pulling it.

Not sure if you can put dual pipes on your van, depends on exactly how the spare tire is mounted if you would have the room.

Another trick would be to go with a larger diameter pipe after the cat. Because of the fuel tank on my van being just behind the rear bumper that is one option for better exhaust flow.

Another trick you can do is the Switchable IAT Power Mod. Click on the link in my signature to read about it. It does work, I don't know the actual boost it gives but when you tromp on the gas pedal and flip the switch you can hear and feel the difference it makes.

Old 01-13-2010, 10:33 AM
rebelsurveyor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the response. The IAT mod looks pretty slick. Might try it. On the dual exhausts I was thinking about taking them both out the right side. Might make it easier to put in a x pipe for the co2 sensor.

Evan

Quick Reply: Dual exhaust help