Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

crazy codes, mystery wire 89 318 changes by hour

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 06:53 PM
dragontrlr
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah i felt i did a good inspection for cracks. i didnt turn the engine over to inspect each cylinder wall. seems to me if a cylinder wall was cracked the engine wouldnt be running right. the engine had a slew of symptoms including the massive foam in the radiator. but all along no white smoke to speak of. there was water in the oil as usual and on the ground at the back of the engine a water drip to the ground from around the bell housing area. it almost appeared as though water was leaking from the back of the heads or the back of the intake manifold as that whole area was moist. after all the work and finally getting the map sensor problem solved i have seen no indication of leaking anywhere. i will say this 3/4 of a gallon of water has gone missing. i filled it back up when i was done working on it and today i had to fill it up with the 3/4 gallon. i decided to give the engine a few revs with the cap off just to see and that is when i discovered the repairs didnt solve the original problem.

Old 02-17-2010, 09:22 PM
landyacht318
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm bummed for you.

I had my engine rebuilt at 172k miles after oil consumption increased quickly and a cold start clacking. A blown head gasket and a cracked head was found during the rebuild after magnafluxing the heads, but I was not loosing any coolant. A compression test before the rebuild found 2 equally low adjacent cylinders.

Hope you get it sorted for a low price.

Old 02-17-2010, 09:57 PM
HoosierDaddy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

8 pages of replies and no one even thought to tell him to change the canooter valve located behind the muffler bearing. The hardest part will be finding a skyhook but a metric phillips screwdriver should do just as well.

Old 02-17-2010, 10:17 PM
alloro
Van & CUV Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy
8 pages of replies and no one even thought to tell him to change the canooter valve located behind the muffler bearing. The hardest part will be finding a skyhook but a metric phillips screwdriver should do just as well.
This idea was dismissed because there was no mention of the Cogswell Synchronizer reversing direction, nor was the Flagg Oscillator making the reverbing echo sound.

Quick Reply: crazy codes, mystery wire 89 318 changes by hour