Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

Rear a/c wont turn on.

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 09:53 PM
JWags1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear a/c wont turn on.

I've got a 97 ram conversion van, and the rear a/c will not come on. Ive checked all the fuses I could find, and all look good. I've suspected relays, but according to the owners manual, any relay having to do with the rear air is shared with other systems that are currently working. The problem is, this being a conversion van, I'm not sure whats NOT in the manual that I should be looking at. I don't know much about troubleshooting this, so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Old 06-07-2010, 11:09 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 93 Likes on 79 Posts

Welcome to DF
I know on most minivans have the controls for the rear on the control panel. I think it would be the same on the B/vans. Here are two members i would recommend to send a pm to. alloro or mobile auto repair.

Old 06-08-2010, 12:46 PM
wilbo
Rookie

check the ground wire coming from the heater box is good. I had a rusted connection and the fan won't go unless it's grounded!

Old 06-08-2010, 01:33 PM
banner1124
Rookie

I would also be sure and check the switch on the dash. I've been driving conversion vans since 1996 and have had to replace many a fried rear ac switch on the dash

Quick Reply: Rear a/c wont turn on.