Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

replaced o2 sensor, still funny.

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 11:48 AM
paintkilz
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default replaced o2 sensor, still funny.

Hey guys, on tour with my band and our van still slips and misses intermittently although nowhere near as bad as it was. I've replaced the o2 sensor, but the error codes say I'm still seeing problems with the o2 sensor either upstream or downstream..are there 2? Could the maf be responsible?

Kinda bummed half of the interior lights quit working along with our rear cig lighter and the built in tv. No movies/xbox for a minute, but that's a different thread altogether.

Old 06-30-2010, 01:07 PM
nitro71
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Slipping and missing are two different problems. Slipping sounds like a tranny issue. What year is your van? I'm not a Dodge expert but all vehicles are pretty much the same. I take it you still get a check engine light even after replacing the sensor and clearing the codes? Can stop in at any Schucks and use the code reader to clear the codes out. That's what I'd do. Clear the codes fire it up for a few minutes. Pull the codes and see what you get. Did you use the right O2 sensor? I couldn't tell you if there is two. Sure sounds like their might be.

Old 06-30-2010, 01:45 PM
alloro
Van & CUV Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 93 Likes on 83 Posts

What is the error code number you're getting?

If half the interior lights quit working then the fuse is good but the wire connector probably corroded and lost connection. The wire runs along the edge of the roof on the drivers side.

Quick Reply: replaced o2 sensor, still funny.