Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

A/C top up

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 07:48 PM
cudajim
Rookie
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by abouttime
Thanks, the system is running fine appart from uphill, i have a slow leak so have to charge once a year, will have to have it frixed at one point ....Thanks for your help

I have a 94 with a 318 and I have to charge it up every summer. I assume it has a slow leak and the price of 2 cans is a lot cheaper than trying to trace down a leak. I've been doing this for about the last 5 years.

Old 07-06-2011, 10:43 PM
Mobile Auto Repair
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by abouttime
Sorry just did not look closely, did not also realize that TBI is called Sequential Fuel Injected, thought that was multiport. Glad we have dodge forum..
Sequential is multi-port but with a twist. Many Multi-port's fire the left bank all at the same time and the right bank all at the same time. Sequential means the each cylinders injector fires just before the intake valve opens.
Gives a little better hp and economy over Multi-port injected.

Throttle Body Injected has 1 or 2 injectors on top of the "carburetor" unit.
Sequential and Multi-Port's have individual injectors in the intake manifold just above the cylinders intake port.

Old 07-06-2011, 11:30 PM
alloro
Van & CUV Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by cudajim
I assume it has a slow leak and the price of 2 cans is a lot cheaper than trying to trace down a leak. I've been doing this for about the last 5 years.
So $30/year in R134a times 5 years ($150 so far) is cheaper than an el cheapo $12.00 UV detection light and glasses, plus another $5 for a 1.7 oz. pressurized can of UV dye?