Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

2000 ram 2500 Van hesitating and backfiring

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2010, 11:10 PM
j**71
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

okay! Still hesistating. It's not the fuel pump. I disconnected the o2 sensor and I am only getting 3.1 volts when I turn the ignition on. I am thinking pcm. I traced the wires to the interlink. Couldn't find anything wrong with the wire. I am going to trace it to the computer and see if I have 5 volts there. If not then I assume it is the computer, is that correct?

Old 10-01-2010, 12:41 AM
alloro
Van & CUV Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 79 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by j**71
It's not the fuel pump.

o2 sensor and I am only getting 3.1 volts when I turn the ignition on.
Why do you say it's not the FP, have you tested the pressure yet?

You're getting 3.1 volts on which O2 wire, the signal wire or the heater wire?

Old 10-01-2010, 09:49 AM
j**71
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On the signal wire and don't have voltage on the heater circuit. I had 31psi on fuel pressure. The fuel is constant on acceleration. That is why i'm ruling it out. I am pretty sure what is happening is the cylinder is loading up with fuel which is causing the back fire. Once you get passed the loss of power for 15 to 20 seconds, the van goes back to havingpower and accelerates fine. Has power through out the acceleration. Again the problem seems to be idling. When idling, the problem arises. As long as you don't idle for more than a couple of seconds, it is fine. Long red lights or sitting for a minute idling, the problem almost is always there.

Quick Reply: 2000 ram 2500 Van hesitating and backfiring