Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

turn signals & radio looses power on & off

Old 11-24-2012, 09:24 AM
funair02
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blackvan
Still?

Hmm.. I have to admit I wouldn't have jumped to this conclusion based on your symptoms. But yes, if your entire accessory circuit is functioning intermittently then it certainly could be the ignition switch. Chrysler is infamous for wiring connector failures and bad switches.
Yep....

When the windows and radio stop working, I can jiggle the keys and they start working again.

I am going to tackle it tomorrow.

Old 05-30-2015, 01:00 AM
chalkjock

Same problem. Why has there not been a recall?

Does anyone have a part number? I would appreciate it very much, especially because of the apparent change in the part.

Is it the DORMAN Part # 924729?

Thanks

Last edited by chalkjock; 05-30-2015 at 01:04 AM.
Old 05-30-2015, 08:28 AM
rsdata
Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I too am interested in the part number...
Is it listed as an IGNITION starter switch?

rockauto shows this:

NAPA shows this:

This may NOT be the correct part but I cannot find an ignition switch module listed anywhere.

Old 05-30-2015, 09:56 AM
funair02
All Star

Originally Posted by rsdata
I too am interested in the part number...
Is it listed as an IGNITION starter switch?

rockauto shows this:

NAPA shows this:

This may NOT be the correct part but I cannot find an ignition switch module listed anywhere.

that is it

Old 06-01-2015, 10:28 PM
02 Ram Van 1500
Amateur

The pictured item is the ignition switch that needs to be replaced. I purchased it at Advance Auto Parts. Examine the wire connections to make sure that their aren't any burned wires and/or connections. Repair them prior to replacing the switch.

Old 09-16-2017, 01:12 PM
Tsteinhauer
Default 1996 ram 1500

Hello I am having trouble with my 96 Ram 1500 turn signal and radio cutting off then turning back on. Almost randomly sometimes it Turns back on immediately then other times it takes awhile. I've checked fuses.

Old 10-04-2017, 03:39 PM
radstorm
Rookie

When it come to the turn signals, on mine it turned out to be that plastic disk in the steering wheel not making good contact. It was due to the set screw had came loose.. A guy I know said they were notorious for doing that in my year, 1988. So last time I put thread lock on the screw and it's been ok ever since A problem I had prior was everything was doing that, then it all went dead. Turned out a fused link going to the fuse box blew out (they hid it real good too, ti's behind the brake booster in the mess of wires..lol Anyways.. I rewired it and all was fine again. I also put a removable fuse in the line this time. By the way it will give you the same tell tale as a bad ignition switch..plus all the dash stuff will be dead. An easy way to test it is to jump from the upper fuse block row down to the bottom row (it's trial and error to get the right 2, but you wont hurt anything..it's usually one of the center fuses top row and one on the bottom immediately left or right) if the dash stuff comes on..go to the firewall and jump across the relay. If it starts it is more than likely that fuse link wire burnt out

Last edited by radstorm; 10-04-2017 at 03:52 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: turn signals & radio looses power on & off