Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

Hvac ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2011, 01:22 PM
02 elk conversion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hvac ?

My hvac system doesn't blow air. I changed the heater control module( control ***** in cab) and they work fine. All settings work and I inspected while going through the settings and all the arms move fluently. I don't understand why air only trickles out if the vents? Someone told me the blower might be to blame but before I rip that monster out I figure i'd check with the experts first

Old 04-19-2011, 04:51 PM
alloro
Van & CUV Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

Well yeah, first things first, make sure the blower motor is running. You should be able to hear it very clearly under the hood, engine off, key on, heat on high.

Old 04-20-2011, 12:09 PM
02 elk conversion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The blower is def running but the air is still trickling out. There's no umph behind the air. It won't even lift up a dollar bill!

Old 04-20-2011, 12:48 PM
alloro
Van & CUV Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

In that case it looks like you're stuck removing the air box to clean it out. There can be an accumulation of dirt, leaves, or other debris covering the face of the heater core and preventing air flow.

Quick Reply: Hvac ?