Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

Wipers-not working-help

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 11:07 PM
d2fel
Amateur
Location: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id=100000188795062
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Wipers-not working-help

What a week...
First the AC on a road trip, now that I am home, the wipers just decided to stop working. Im guessing its either the switch, the relay, a fuse, or the motor itself...but I have no idea how to diagnose such an issue, for now its rain-x and prayer....any help in this department would be, as always , appreciated greatly.

cheers
dave

Old 06-16-2011, 11:22 PM
d2fel
Amateur
Location: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id=100000188795062
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sorry its a 1987 b150 318. and since I just thought of it. my drivers side window only works sometimes and is painfully slow when it does work...are the two related...hmmm I wonder. If you cant tell im still new to this even a year later. ha

thanks

Old 06-17-2011, 08:51 AM
Mobile Auto Repair
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First check the fuse.
Second check for power to the fuse slot. One side will have power with the key on. If power there go to the motor and check for power with the key on and switch on. (If no power then check the fuse links behind the brake booster.) If you find power there then replace the motor. If no power then go to the switch and check for power to it and continuity to the motor from the wires between the switch and motor.