Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

Van masters conversion

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2011, 11:01 AM
Hendersonhome
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Van masters conversion

I just purchased a 1990 Ram Van. The conversion was done by Van Masters and I have no idea what the switches are for. I am not getting power to the TV or VCR as well as the rear outlets. I am hoping one of the switches will provide this power. Does anyone know of an instruction manual or diagram that might be able to help?

Old 06-24-2011, 11:05 AM
alloro
Van & CUV Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by Hendersonhome
Does anyone know of an instruction manual or diagram that might be able to help?
Luck will not be your friend when it comes to finding either of those.

What you need to find is the fuse box that was added by the conversion company. That fuse box and not the factory one will supply the power to the switches you mentioned.

Old 06-24-2011, 05:52 PM
Hendersonhome

I can only locate the factory (turn signal, etc.) in the glove box compartment. Any ideas where else to look?

Old 06-25-2011, 09:04 PM
Hendersonhome

Ok. Still can't fund the fuse box I need. Maybe this one will be easier. There are four switches on the overhead console. Does anyone know what they are for? I thought lights in the back but with the "power" issue I can't be sure.

Old 06-25-2011, 09:35 PM
B-VanMan

My fuse panel in my 2000 Starcraft Conversion for TV/VCP is located next to the passanger seat behind the driver....look around....it's there somewhere

Old 06-26-2011, 08:51 PM
stev
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by B-VanMan
My fuse panel in my 2000 Starcraft Conversion for TV/VCP is located next to the passenger seat behind the driver....look around....it's there somewhere
Most of the conversion companies placed the fuse box behind the driver's seat and the 1st rear seat on that side along the panel wall. However, if your van has a raised roof, the access panel may be up high behind a decor panel or plate.

Does any of these look like your switch box?

http://cpcparts.com/products/results...-%20MARK%20III

Old 07-02-2011, 06:26 AM
familytruxter
Amateur

I have a 1992 B250 Aero Conversion. My overhead switches control overhead lights behind the front seats, mood lighting along trim and power to the tv/vcr. My extra fuse block is under the dash right above the brake pedal. There is one in line fuse for the rear a/c switch located behind the wood trim overhead. It seems the conversion companies put things wherever works at the time and they don't supply any kind of wiring diagram. Do like I did and start following wires to see where they go.

Old 07-02-2011, 12:13 PM
landyacht318
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My '89 starcraft conversion had the extra fuse block next to the E brake pedal on the firewall, and the 4 switches that were on the roof were for the lights.

Old 07-13-2011, 11:04 PM
jeepsteve92xj

My 1999 Sun Hawk high top conversion has a 30amp inline behind a hinged wood door beside the left center passenger.
I dont know that the 30 was original. but that is taped off a 15amp circuit form the original harness, and switched with 7.5amp rated switch - that was frozen when I got the van.

As I got it:
30 amp fused circuit protected by the 15amp fuse and controlled by a 7.5amp switch.
now:
15 amp fused circuit protected by the 15amp fuse and controlled by a 50amp switch.

Nearly every Sun Hawk crimped connection slips apart, 14ga wires butt spliced to 22 or 20ga for the lights. Plenty of strands poking out, or even plain sloppy bare areas not protected at all. I've been recrimping or replacing ends that were wrong to begin with.

(even the original Twin-Air blower for the rear AC had a dead short since the motor was originally assembled - I found a 15amp fuse tucked in and managed to start the LOUD blower only to pop the fuse in 2 seconds.)
Anyone got a line on a good low cost motor replacement??

I will be adding relays and better wiring as I improve my van.

Quick Reply: Van masters conversion