Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

Im Stuck in New Jersey

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2011, 06:44 PM
TheDirtySanchez
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry Im Stuck in New Jersey

I took a trip from Florida to Jersey and Bam!!! water and oil mixed...No smoke out the pipe but when I pull the dip stick & it's milky, I Changed the oil 2wice and filter my Dad put some Blue Devil or something to slow the leak but I think its too late because now I hear a random knock every so often in the motor ...Wow what a trip Im having It still runs smooth and everything works but that knock .....

Old 08-18-2011, 07:00 PM
Mobile Auto Repair
Record Breaker

Hopefully the Blue Devil will stop the leak. But if it does you may still find that you will need to replace the motor in short order. It should get you back home if the coolant leak is stopped. Hard to say how long the motor will last with the random knocking you are hearing. Just take it easy on the engine for now.

Old 08-19-2011, 01:35 AM
landyacht318
Record Breaker

Sorry to hear the bad news.

Join AAA if you are not a member already. Upgrade to AAA + other wise.

Coolant in the oil is killing your bearings.

If it is just a headgasket, or two, well it's cheaper than a whole new engine.

Knocking is BAD.

Old 08-19-2011, 02:09 AM
alloro
Van & CUV Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 72 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by TheDirtySanchez
Bam!!! water and oil mixed...No smoke out the pipe but when I pull the dip stick & it's milky
The good news is you didn't blow a head gasket. The bad news is you need to replace the intake manifold gasket.

Because it's a random knock and not an all the time knock, it could be due to the water in the crankcase and not because of a bad bearing YET! I'd stop running the engine, replace the intake gasket, change the oil/filter one more time and then head on down the road.

Old 08-20-2011, 12:45 AM
stev
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by alloro
The good news is you didn't blow a head gasket. The bad news is you need to replace the intake manifold gasket.

Because it's a random knock and not an all the time knock, it could be due to the water in the crankcase and not because of a bad bearing YET! I'd stop running the engine, replace the intake gasket, change the oil/filter one more time and then head on down the road.
This gets my vote too!

Do you know of anyone in NJ to help?

Old 08-21-2011, 05:35 PM
TheDirtySanchez
Professional

That is what it is, the intake gasket, and no I don't know of anybody close to help.
I had to leave it in NJ.
I think I will tell my dad to sell it for a grand to get rid of it, I have no more Vacation time so I can't go back to fix it
I will buy something down here.

Quick Reply: Im Stuck in New Jersey