Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

Windshield Wiper Arm Removal

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 02:41 PM
boji.views
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Windshield Wiper Arm Removal

Would anyone be able to inform me how to remove the windshield wiper arms from my 1987 Dodge Ram Van. I did not think this would be a difficult thing to do , but I can not find any sort of release mechanism or anything. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Nate.

Old 08-27-2011, 07:19 PM
Rusty93RamVan
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Grasp the wiper and gently pull it away from the windshield all the way back as if you were going to clean the glass.

Look at the end of the wiper arm where it attaches to the van at the cowl plenum. You will see a small handle that needs to be lifted up in order to release the wiper arm. Sometimes a flat blade screwdriver helps lift up the release arm if it is hard to move with just your fingers.

If your van has a washer hose built-in to the wiper arm assembly carefully remove the rubber hose from the nozzle near the base of the cowl, then the wiper arm should lift right off.

Old 04-30-2014, 11:16 AM
tomass84
Default 1987 ramcharger

im having trouble removing my windshield wiper arms. I don't seem to have a release latch on either of them. 87 dodge ramcharger.

Old 04-30-2014, 12:11 PM
that_guy
Champion
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

If you've got the bolt off and are sure nothing else is holding the wiper on, and they're still stuck get a battery terminal puller for $10 from autozone and use that. That's how I got the wiper arms off my Durango a while back to paint them.

Old 04-30-2014, 02:42 PM
arthur1920
Amateur
Default wiper

Originally Posted by boji.views
Would anyone be able to inform me how to remove the windshield wiper arms from my 1987 Dodge Ram Van. I did not think this would be a difficult thing to do , but I can not find any sort of release mechanism or anything. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Nate.
on my 79 there is a tiny little lever that locks the arm on. Look close. Pull the arm away from the window, and move the lever out horizontally away from the knurled shaft, about 3/16 on an inch. If you have this type once you know it's easy

Quick Reply: Windshield Wiper Arm Removal