Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

Need assistance on A/C

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2011, 04:37 PM
topstitcher
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need assistance on A/C

New here and was wondering if there was anyone out there who could assist with a question on my 1985 Dodge Ram Van 1500, 318 3/4 ton. It has a sticker on the wing window that it is equipped with Chrysler A/C. I believe that when it was new it was added as an option because I have located two blowers. The Chilton/Haynes book shows the one under the hood as the blower (does not specify a/c or heat) The other one is under the glove box. Now for the question, A/C works, Heater works, Blowers dont. Located a switch behind the control panel that was fried but dont know which blower is which to attach a new switch. Anyone know where I can go to get a wiring diagram for an after market installed A/C? Thanks for your help!

Old 09-12-2011, 10:15 PM
Mobile Auto Repair
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Aftermarket AC? Would you mind posting some pictures of the blower motor under the glove box? And a picture of the dash board HVAC panel please. This will help us to know what you have and how to help you.

Old 09-13-2011, 01:41 PM
topstitcher
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pics attached (I hope!)

I think I have attached Pics of both blowers, AC unit, and wing window sticker which says A/C by service & Parts Division Chrysler. Hope this helps!!

Attached Thumbnails Need assistance on A/C-img_3114.jpg   Need assistance on A/C-img_3115.jpg   Need assistance on A/C-img_3116.jpg   Need assistance on A/C-img_3117.jpg   Need assistance on A/C-img_3119.jpg  

Quick Reply: Need assistance on A/C