Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

Are the issues connected

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2011, 05:26 PM
jlaw1017
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Are the issues connected

I purchased a 94 B350 today, On the ride hom I was playing with everything an found these issues.

The front blower motor only seems to do very low. As I didnt think it worked at all untill I unplugged it an then plugged it back in.
the power mirrors dont work
the radio is dead
No cruise control
The light inside dont work.

Now this is the first dodge I have ever owned. Really been a chevy guy my whole life. I found this van priced right an it was what I needed so I am willing to let it try to convert me. Now I checked the fuse box. An replaced 2 fuses but the issues still remain. Any suggestions?

Old 09-26-2011, 07:05 PM
Mobile Auto Repair
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check for a burned/broken fuse link behind the master cylinder. When you get to them pull from each side to see if the wire is bad internally.

On the dome light make sure you have the park/headlamp light switch turned counter clockwise (to the left). When turned to the far limit of the clock wise (to the right) the switch will turn off the dome lamp system.

Old 10-02-2011, 08:41 PM
jlaw1017
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok found 2 bad fuse links, Replaced with maxi fuses. Got radio, interior lights an power mirrors back.

But nothing for the cruise control. Now from reading other places it says I should get a light on the display showing cruise but I dont get anything. Any suggestions as where to look from here?

Also the van wont start in park. I have replaced the nutrual safty switch. But I read somewhere about the linkage needing adjusting. Low an behold I manualy push the linkage under the van an it starts in park. But the linkage adjuster is rusted in place. Is there a way to break it loose. Or any suggestions as to where to buy a new linkage rod an adjuster?

Quick Reply: Are the issues connected