Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

New to vans with some odd questions...

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2011, 10:18 PM
Mikey_b
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to vans with some odd questions...

EDIT: I'm trying to put this post in multiple paragraphs/lists to make it easier to read but the software is condensing it all into one giant paragraph. First of all I'm total newbie when it comes to vans...so be nice. I want to buy a Dodge van that I can use for hauling my bikes, Home Depot runs, or for track day events for my car (haul extra wheels/tires, tools, etc..) I'm sure you're all aware that the Dodge van has a following in Japan and referred to Dajjivans...they actually race them on tracks and have a race series especially for Dodge vans. The Japanese Dajjivans typically have... -lowered suspension -low offset/deep dish wheels and American BF Goodrich Radial TAs -modified V8s etc.. They mostly appear to be 1500 vans from what I've seen in the pics. Here is my questions. -If I wanted to lower the van to get rid of the bounciness and just make it handle better (I'm not looking to pull 1g on the skidpad or anything)...what is the best way of doing it? -Can you mount an upgraded swaybar on these? What brand? -What is the difference in rear door styles? I see some that have split rear doors while others have a large full sized rear door. -Can you get a 1500 with a V8? And can it be upgraded? Examples of the cars I'm talking about.... Videos.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwGG3X1mfXI http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpo9dhh641g

Old 11-06-2011, 01:30 AM
stev
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OK, we have seen these Japan Ram Vans before. They are SWEET.

Yes, the B1500 comes with the 5.2L and the 46RE tranny on a few model types. The Japan vans all seem to be 1994-1997 types. Not sure if that makes a difference for you.

The 1998-2003 types have increase Hp and heavy duty suspension for the B2500 and B3500. The base model B1500 remained the same. However, I personally have seen a B1500 with the HD suspension in my local town. It was an unusual site to see 8-wheel lugs on a SWB van. Talked with the owner and that Ram Van was a fleet type first.

As for lowering the Ram Van, that takes special tools, talent and knowledge to master. There are I think two people who have done this here in the forums. It's best to have that answered by them being the pros. Just have a cutting torch handy.

Quick Reply: New to vans with some odd questions...