Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

2000 Dodge Ram 3500 No Blower

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 05:39 PM
Tireman!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Dodge Ram 3500 No Blower

There in no power to either leg of the pigtail at the blower motor. If we put power & ground to the terminals on the motor then the motor works. Anyone have an idea?

Thanks

Old 02-07-2012, 08:34 PM
alloro
Van & CUV Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 72 Likes on 68 Posts

Check the speed resistor for breakage and power. It's on top of the blower housing under the hood and has a 4-wire flat connector going to it.

Old 02-08-2012, 08:14 AM
Tireman!

Originally Posted by alloro
Check the speed resistor for breakage and power. It's on top of the blower housing under the hood and has a 4-wire flat connector going to it.
There is no power going to the resistor.

Old 02-09-2012, 05:04 PM
alloro
Van & CUV Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 72 Likes on 68 Posts

The power comes from the ignition switch, then through a 30-amp fuse, then to the dash selector switch, then to the speed resistor. So your problem is the ignition switch, the fuse, the selector switch, or the wiring somewhere in between.

By selector switch I mean the heat, A/C, vent, defrost, etc. one, not the fan speed switch.

Old 02-10-2012, 01:33 PM
Tireman!

The problem was the low speed blower relay. (not where AllData said it was located). Also when finished blower only worked on high, changed the speed resistor and everything is fine.

Old 12-22-2012, 06:58 PM
Nickkaltsas
Default blower motor switch help

Hello like you i have tried everything to no avail have not been able to fix my blower motor i have searched and searched but have not found anywhere low speed blower relay would be located in my truck its an 02 quadcab where did you find yours could you please help .. thank you so much
Originally Posted by Tireman!
The problem was the low speed blower relay. (not where AllData said it was located). Also when finished blower only worked on high, changed the speed resistor and everything is fine.

Last edited by Nickkaltsas; 12-24-2012 at 07:09 PM.

Quick Reply: 2000 Dodge Ram 3500 No Blower