Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

Speaker/Light problems

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2012, 09:46 AM
BilltheDrummer94
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speaker/Light problems

Hello all,

I've got a 2000 Ram Wagon 3500 (15 pass.) with just over 96k on it. I just replaced the plugs, wires, cap, rotor, and filter and am trying to get it in as good of a condition as possible. I've noticed the rear passenger side speaker will not work. I tested it and the speaker itself is fine. I guess I'm wondering if it's more likely that this is a wiring issue or if it's the radio itself. How might I test this? Also, are the interior lights supposed to stay on when the rear door is opened?

Thanks,
Bill

Old 03-11-2012, 02:49 PM
alloro
Van & CUV Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 72 Likes on 68 Posts

My interior light stay on whenever any of the doors are left open, unless of course I turn the headlight **** to disable the interior lights altogether.

If you pull the radio and test the speaker from the radio connector, you will be able to determine from there if its the wiring or not.

Old 03-13-2012, 12:50 AM
stev
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Take the speaker wires and swap them on the speaker and try the radio. If it works, then the right circuit path has been found.

I've just swapped all of the speakers in my Ram Van from the factory types to BOSS 400W speakers. Sure, the Chrysler radio isn't pumping that much out, but the price for the BOSS and the clear sound were worth it. The front dash speakers are more like tweeters with minor base since the two side front doors have mounting and wiring for speakers already in there.

Quick Reply: Speaker/Light problems