Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

HEY EVERYONE! I'm new 87 Dodge Ram Auto Tranny Problem!

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2012, 01:26 AM
Gabeius
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HEY EVERYONE! I'm new 87 Dodge Ram Auto Tranny Problem!

So I just bought a truck the other day. It is an 87 Dodge Ram. I have had no problems witht it but this was only my fourth time driving it. I was showing somebody how to shift from drive into overdrive and that is when I could not shift back into Neutral, park or anything. The shifter was wobbling up and down. Finally I slowly manouvered it back into park. Then I tried again, it had no problem going into reverse, nutral, or drive, I didn't dare put it into over drive again. It is giving me no problems in Reverse drive or neutral but is this a sign of something really bad. Or could it be an easy problem. He claims it is low kms and the transmission fluid was clean.. Any help would be appreciated.. Thank-You! 87 Dodge Ram V8 with a 318.. Do you think I got ripped off. The Transmission also has a second cooler on it off of a 1 ton. Any help would be appreciated I am kinda dissapointed because it is such a fresh buy ... Thanks! I also forgot to mention when I mean wobbly I mean it was off the grid or something like my notch wasn't moving but the arm was. It wasn't grabbing the gears or moving the notch to show what I was in. It still reved high but I when I got it back it seems to work fine. I never tried 1 or 2 Before and when I did thats when I got ****ed up. Can I get away wih just not using that ever and it will be fine or should I fix this before I keep driving? I'm worried !! THANKS!!

Last edited by Gabeius; 08-03-2012 at 01:28 AM.
Old 08-05-2012, 02:09 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

Welcome to DF
I will move your post to the ram van section.

Quick Reply: HEY EVERYONE! I'm new 87 Dodge Ram Auto Tranny Problem!