Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

Someone explain this to me

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2013, 06:22 PM
radstorm
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Someone explain this to me

OK I got my fuel tank out, and removed the fuel pump housing. It turned out it was nothing like the manual said. There was no need to beat a ring off of it, or unscrew a plastic ring. It simply had something like a clamp you simply unscrew it and it comes off (sort of like the clamp on electric meters on your house. Anyhow..I unplugged the old fuel pump and wow..its just 2 metal tab connectors exposed like that? What the heck keeps something like that from blowing up the gas tank!! ? I figured it would be all sealed and flame proof and stuff. But after looking at others.,it is pretty much the same thing. I am new at doing the gas tank thing...so its all new to me The tank was fiberglass too..I am wondering if someone long ago replaced the OEM one with an aftermarket tank considering this an 1988 van.

Oh and how do you remove your own threads here that seem to get no response..like this one might too..lol

Old 01-11-2013, 06:59 PM
blackvan
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Last edited by blackvan; 07-10-2016 at 08:58 AM. Reason: removed by me
Old 01-11-2013, 08:06 PM
radstorm
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks blackvan. Yeah this was the first for me at dropping a fuel tank. It is sure good to know that is all safe. I thought maybe it had some casing that broke away or something. So I guess I will be able to hit the key tomorrow when its back together and still live

Quick Reply: Someone explain this to me