Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

New PCM Needed???

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2013, 09:19 AM
evtklay
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New PCM Needed???

This is for a 2000 B2500 with a sick 318 that has had intermittent no starts, bucking low power and stalls. The episodes are getting closer together, however. Codes center around EVAP with the first coming as 1494 (it does not have a LDP, however) then the most common in coming back is 0443. Yesterday I had a no start and disconnected EVAP solenoid and it started up...but died in the street when I returned home after a short run. On this particular stall, the fuel level gauge was buried empty and a neighbor who heard me stumble past said, "it sounded like you ran out of gas" But I had a gauge on the fuel rail and it read 45 PSI solid. When it got going again, fuel level was fine. Right now it is dead on the driveway turns over fine but doesn't start. No check engine light and no codes, nor the - done - message on the odometer following cycling the key three times to get the codes. On another stall and then no-start the check engine light and codes were subsequently erased spontaneously. It started up again and the codes from that 40 minute ride were: 1595, 0645, 1494, 1687, 0443, 0351. I have replaced the EVAP solenoid and a grease covered and corroded crank sensor. The tech that saw the rotting out CKS stated that O2 voltages were all solid. I have a PCM on order from AllComputerResources. This apparently started from a long idle while we were in a bar while our phones charged when we were on a campout. Any advice? Anything else to replace along with the PCM? Could the CKS have done it in? How about a long idle?

Last edited by evtklay; 06-07-2013 at 12:49 PM. Reason: rewording
Old 06-11-2013, 01:00 PM
evtklay
Default Shorts cause PCM Fail?

The CKS on this 2000 B2500 318 looked like it leaked out grease from inside. Can anyone help with a normal resistance with this one? How about the coil primary and secondary?

Old 06-13-2013, 03:35 PM
evtklay
Default Any Recommended Tests?

When replacing a PCM, are there any standard tests to check for a reason why the PCM toasted?

Quick Reply: New PCM Needed???