Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

Add on cruise control '01 B2500

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2013, 11:08 PM
rsdata
Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Add on cruise control '01 B2500

The '01 B2500 I purchased used a few years ago never had a cruise control system installed. Since this is my highway cruiser, and I am getting tired of holding my foot on the gas, I wanted an add-on unit installed.

I purchased a Rostra unit from www.thecruisecontrolstore.com out of Saginaw, MI. I had some questions about the unit before I purchased online, and the tech knew of exactly what I needed to know when I called their 800 number.

I used part number 250-1223 and a 250-3593 switch.

I have only used the cruise a couple of times, but it works well.

I recommend this company for cruise control parts.

Old 11-22-2013, 12:19 AM
blackvan
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good to know, thanks for providing this info so others can benefit. I wasn't aware you could actually add cruise control to 2nd gen Dodge Ram vans.

My conversion van came loaded so I have factory cruise control. I use it, too: the seating is very comfortable in these 2nd gen vans but for some reason the leg positioning or angle is very different from my old Crown Victorias/T-Birds/Cougars and my left leg starts to cramp after 30 minutes on the highway. Or I may just be getting old..

On long trips cruise control is great!

Old 11-22-2013, 12:32 AM
rsdata
Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have put on nearly 4,000 miles in the last 30 days without having cruise. Believe me... I missed having cruise and decided I had to do it. I have not owned a car in the last thirty years that did not have cruise installed. This B2500 is a heavy work van, and it just did not come stock with cruise.

This is not my first effort to get cruise in this vehicle. The first one was a vacuum operated universal control that never worked quite right... then just quit altogether on me. I fiddled with it on and off for the past year, but finally decided to bite the bullet and get a new one.

Somewhere I read where somebody suggested Summit Racing. I made a tech inquiry to them and they responded with a recommendation after my second request. Digging deeper, I followed the brand they handles, Rostra, to the web site that I mentioned before at a better price. I can't wait for my next trip to Florida.

Having the cruise gives me the ability to move my legs around some while driving long distances and makes all the difference in leg comfort to me.

Quick Reply: Add on cruise control '01 B2500