Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

Broken Fuel Line Connector

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2013, 12:01 AM
jac11
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Broken Fuel Line Connector

I was removing the intake manifold on my 1997 B2500 Ram van 318 and I broke the plastic elbow that connects the fuel line to the injector rail. Now I can't find one anywhere. I've looked every place I can think of including junk yards, auto parts stores, and on-line suppliers. The dealer told me that Dodge doesn't stock parts for anything over ten years old. So I'd have to special order, wait five to seven working days, pay $75 up front with no refunds for the whole fuel line assembly, and take my chances since their picture didn't look like my part.
I tried to jury-rig something with what was left of the old connector, rubber fuel line (the original is plastic) and a hose clamp, but it just wasn't safe (my wife and kids use the van).
At this point, I'm thinking of going back to the junk yards. Is there another dodge besides the Ram van that uses the same fuel line/injector rail assembly? or at least the same plastic connector? The 1997 has plastic injector rails with the male side of the connector on the fuel line. I noticed before that on other years the rails are metal and have a different connector. I guess another possibility is to change the plastic rails to some junk yard metal ones if they'll fit. Any advice would be appreciated.
I feel like an idiot but some of us have to learn the hard way. Don't try to pull a plastic fuel line off a plastic connector. Use the clip.

Old 12-03-2013, 10:56 AM
alloro
Van & CUV Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts

If you can get a metal one and it fits I definitely would go that route.

Old 12-03-2013, 11:02 AM
ThisIsChallenging
Amateur

Which part are you looking for from here
http://www.wermopar.com/oem-part/dod...ector/53006258

Old 12-03-2013, 12:21 PM
alloro
Van & CUV Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by ThisIsChallenging
Which part are you looking for from here
That's not the fuel line or fuel rail diagram.

Old 12-05-2013, 12:18 AM
stev
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Open your search up to Dodge Dakota's and Jeeps that use the 5.2L Magnum engine from 1994-1997 ear for your van engine.

Old 12-05-2013, 12:21 AM
rickworthwillardsey
Default Transportation

www.onthemoveremovals.com.au

Way more than what relocation companies charge, it costs to get boxes for packing the stuff meant for relocation. But when you hire On The Move Removals, you get the best box deal, ever. The company gives you unlimited boxes 14 days before you move and also lets you keep them up to 14 days after. Just 2$ per box sounds like a pretty amazing deal. You can use this offer of the company to prepare for relocation in advance and unpack without stressing about returning the boxes. This and other such facilities make this Brisbane based company the best in the market. Take advantage of this exceptional offer today and contact On The Move Removals now at http://www.onthemoveremovals.com.au/

Old 12-05-2013, 12:27 AM
stev
Record Breaker

Does the connector look like any in this photo?

Name:  gaslinetoolTPS.jpg
Views: 2180
Size:  132.0 KB

Old 12-05-2013, 12:33 AM
stev
Record Breaker

Or is it this one ...

If it is this one, Summit Racing has performance versions on this connection. You may want to look there too.

Old 12-06-2013, 09:12 PM
jac11

Neither one of those. It's a plastic square on the left rail. The male connector goes through a hole in the square. Once the connector is in place, a metal clip slides through the square leaving a couple of yellow tangs hanging out the bottom. Pinching the tangs together removes the clip and the connector pulls right out. Unfortunately, I figured it out after I broke the connector. A friend of mine came up with a make shift solution that seems to be working well, but I do appreciate your replies. Now I've got a new problem that I need to post.

Quick Reply: Broken Fuel Line Connector