Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

Where to intercept rear wiring in 1991 B250?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2014, 08:56 PM
SteveR
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Where to intercept rear wiring in 1991 B250?

Hi all,
I have a 1991 B250 Roadtrek conversion and I am having a hard time figuring out where to intercept the rear wiring for a trailer hitch. Is there a place the wires all come to the back together that is accessible?
I pulled the tail lights out and was able to figure out the colours quite easily but there aren't any holes in there that go out the bottom of the van and it also appears that the left side wiring goes over the top of the back door.
My preference would be to pick up the wiring without having to drill holes in the body of the van!
Any help would be appreciated, this van is a bit complicated with a dropped centre floor and lots of tanks so I don't know where to start looking.
Cheers, Steve

Old 06-28-2014, 02:42 AM
alloro
Van & CUV Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 75 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by SteveR
My preference would be to pick up the wiring without having to drill holes in the body of the van!
That's not going to happen. Like you said, all the wiring runs along the roof. Drill the hole and use a rubber grommet just like they do at the factory.

Old 06-28-2014, 06:28 AM
iodj44
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SteveR

Years ago when wirring a 89 Ram Van I do recall going in the interior too access the taillight wiring but not drilling through the floor. Where does the power for the licence plate light feed from?

Last edited by iodj44; 06-28-2014 at 06:56 AM.
Old 07-02-2014, 08:27 PM
SteveR
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just got back from a lazy 1000 mile trip with 3 nights in the van.

The license plate light had a single connector going to it that was in a decent location but I guess the rest do come from the ceiling. I drilled a hole through the floor in each corner (about 6" forward actually) to bypass the enclosed portions of the corners. The holes were sealed with silicone and all is well.

I've also taken the bumper off to aid in installing the hitch when it arrives as I will need to slide it straight in. 8 bolts and none broke...sometimes you wish they would.
Steve

Quick Reply: Where to intercept rear wiring in 1991 B250?