Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

Power window regulator - driver side

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2014, 06:28 PM
funair02
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power window regulator - driver side

well - if it isn't one thing - it is another...

So I was enjoying my newly rebuilt front end. I went to put the window down and it did this same exact thing - sound and all: (see video in link)

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/dodge-r...placement.html

Sooooo...I am like |=\/ C |< ....

I ordered from Advance the Dorman regulator and power window. I talked the guy down to $80. Quality looked good. I am happy with it, but I do have some observations.

The Dorman motor screws/bolts had to be put in as reversed. Instead of the bolts going in from the outside it like the OEM motor...they went in form the inside out. So I had to mount the regulator on the glass first, then pop the driven gear on the back. Then hold the motor on the front and put the screws in from the inside out...
It was a little screwy
Also you may want to take out the speaker if you are doing this yourself. You need to align the regulator bolts from the inside out on to the mounting bracket. I had my wife go in from the side, but if I was alone, I would have had to take the speaker out...And yes, if you do this job, you do need to move the wire running in front of the mounting plate.

It works great! Glad it is done. This is a fairly easy job - no rivets - no tiny screws.

Does anyone know what exactly happened...The wire is stuck when going up...I couldn't really see why it was broke...

Oh well -- it is done

Last edited by funair02; 09-15-2014 at 11:21 PM.

Quick Reply: Power window regulator - driver side