Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

2002 Dodge Ram b1500 regency conversion van

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2015, 10:05 PM
Wildram
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 Dodge Ram b1500 regency conversion van

Hi I'm new here and really need some help. I've looked all over and can't find answers.

I just bought an old 2002 Dodge Ram b1500 conversion Van (regency). Please bare with me as I have a lot of questions. Here are my questions:

1) Where can I get a wiring diagram for all the doodads they have in the back? I know regency went out of business and some people are selling parts but no wiring diagram. I opened up the fuse box door and there's a lot of junk in there.

2). I'm looking over the specs and I'm not finding everything. The people I bought it from didn't know much even though they owned it for 10 years.

A). Regency specs say "Intelligent automotive wire harness".

Last edited by Wildram; 09-03-2015 at 10:18 PM. Reason: Cutoff
Old 09-03-2015, 10:17 PM
Wildram

B). Dodge spec says "keyless entry" - the people I bought it from didn't have the clicker for it and knew nothing about it, seriously. So if it's on the spec from dodge I assume it's installed (can't imagine Regency taking it out) and I can get replacement clickers from dodge right?
C) Right now when I open the door with a key, no lights come on but the dodge factory spec sheet says "Illuminated Entry" and the Regency spec sheet says ""Smart Lite System" Illuminates lights on entry". I assume this only works with keyless entry or is there some other issue?
D) Regency specs say "high output rear cargo lamps". Where would those be? I only see the mood lighting and reading lights.
E). Regency spec says "Aircraft style central rear heat and air conditioning." Lol, what does that mean? I know there is AC in the front that works. I see an AC high, low, medium switch in the back but it doesn't seem to do anything. Regency spec says " Rear seat fan control for rear heat and air conditioning." So is there another AC system in the back somewhere? The only possible vent I could find was way in the back on the drivers side wall below the vacuum cleaner. I never feel air coming from it though.
F) Regency spec says "color keyed automotive sun visor". What is that?
G) Regency spec says "First aid kit mounted with vac". I don't see it. Am I missing a hidden compartment or just long gone?
H). Regency spec says: "Rear fold down clothes hangar". I can't find it. Any idea where it might be?
I). Regency spec says: "Master switch panel in o/h console for all accessories". I'm not sure what they mean by o/h console. The one above the dashboard only has 3 switches and they are all for controlling the lights in the back. http://www.uniqueconceptsusa.com/cat...=&make=&model=

3). There are 6 speakers in the back. The dodge specs say "Speaker system infinity" and the Regency specs say "Premium Factory Speaker System". I guess those are one in the same. There are controls on the dashboard for front and rear speakers. However no sound comes out of the rear speakers. Am I right to assume the front radio controls the rear speakers?

4). There's a DVD player and kenwood cd/radio player in the back. There's also a module to plug in headphones and switch the sound between the TV and the radio. http://www.uniqueconceptsusa.com/cat...=&make=&model=
However no sound comes out of the headphones when I switch to TV and have DVD playing. Sound does come out of the radio when I switch to that but there's a high whine also. Not sure if the module is defective or something else is the issue. Not sure where to start. I looked in the fuse box cubbyhole and there's a whole bunch of junk in there. I can't find info about any of it.
A) Mcintire associates TV surround sound RE-8000. (What does this do?)
B). Another module with no name but has ports labeled "aud left out", "aud right out" , "vid out" and same for ins. Is that for the TV or the game play. http://www.uniqueconceptsusa.com/cat...=&make=&model=

It's weird that the DVD player works whether the engine is off or not but the TV and everything else doesn't including the lighting. I would think they would all be on the shutoff circuit.

It had this center console with hot/cool drink holders and icebox. We took it out as it was just in our way and not needed. Now we have this wire hanging out. I'd like to disconnect it from source and then cut this down as the carpet is all glued down good. But I can't tell where it's going, cargo fuse box or dashboard fuse box. Anyone know?

If you've read this far, you must truly be a guru.

Last edited by Wildram; 09-03-2015 at 10:19 PM.
Old 09-03-2015, 10:44 PM
SteveR
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can email your VIN to Dodge Customer Service (I do not recall the address) and they will give you the build sheet for your van as it left their factory. That should tell you quite a bit about the chassis.

If your interior lighting does not work I would check a few bulbs and see if they are any good. The previous owners may have never replaced a bulb in 10 years. Also check to see that your headlight **** is set properly, the interior lights may be dimmed or OFF.

As for the DVD working when power is off, you could follow the cord and plug the TV in at the same location? There must be an inverter running your DVD unless it is 12 Volts. Personally, I would throw out the old TV and DVD player and get a combo 24" like this http://www.bestbuy.com/site/insignia...&skuId=1039004 This TV will be able to tune into Digital channels that the old TV probably cannot.

If you take the time to get to know your van better you will probably find the answers to a lot of your questions. I would start with a thorough interior cleaning including lots of digging around to see what I could find. Old brochures would also be good to track down, they usually have photos.

Regards, Steve

Old 09-04-2015, 04:43 AM
blackvan
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine is a 2000 Regency B1500 and the first thing you need to know is that conversion vans are custom. No two are identical. There is no official wiring diagram or its been lost to time. If you find one, please scan and post it. Same for the Regency specs you quote: I've never seen these. Are you quoting from a brochure or did you actually find an official source?

There are a couple facts I can help with. The first thing to do is determine which accessories are factory dodge and which are aftermarket Regency or other. Mine has factory keyless entry but aftermarket alarm which controls door locks. There is a black box mounted under the dash that hooks to the Dodge PCM. Its easy to see on the dash support (drivers side) if you remove the doghouse.

I have 8 interior aircraft cockpit style lights that come on when any door is opened. I have one pair mounted in the rear over the rear door entry but they are not "high brightness". All are Regency, not factory.

I have the Dodge Infinity premium sound system. It comes with six speakers, two in the dash, two in the doors, and two in the rear quarter panels next the rear doors. All factory Dodge. It sucked so I no longer use any these, but was what came installed with the truck. I suspect any other speakers are probably wired to the rear sound system you reference.

The longer wheelbase Dodge van is available with rear heat/air. There is a box installed just in front of the driver side rear wheelwell that contains either: a)heater core or b)heater core and a/c evaporator coil. If this is present but not blowing, the blower fan or speed resistor is likely burned out. This is factory Dodge, so parts should be available.

The o/h refers to an overhead console. I don't have one nor a center console.

Best thing to do is locate the Regency fuse panel if it exists and make sure all fuses are good. I don't have this, so cannot advise where to look. If all fuses are good and you still can't get everything working you will need to find a qualified automotive electrician to track all this down for you. You'll need one anyway, particularly if electrical/electronic diagnosis is not your specialty. These are great vans and I love mine: but the factory wiring sucks so you need to understand that there will be issues. If you search the forum you'll uncover the critical ones.

Good luck with your van and please do post your results and any Regency specific info you may come across in the process.

Last edited by blackvan; 09-04-2015 at 06:18 AM.
Old 09-18-2015, 04:46 PM
Wildram

Sorry for some reason I missed the notifications of responses.

Yes I have both the factory spec sheet and the regency spec sheet. I'm surprised no two are alike. Seems that would be expensive. I'm not going to mess with anything until thanksgiving or xmas so for now just leaving everything as is.

Thanks for your reply

Quick Reply: 2002 Dodge Ram b1500 regency conversion van