Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

91 250 ram van gauges/blower motor

Old 08-06-2016, 11:33 AM
wyldman
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 91 250 ram van gauges/blower motor

Just bought an ol' 91 ram van V8 250 and it has issues that i cant seem to find info on. any help would be much appreciated

Gauges: speedo/odometer/fuel gauges do not function

i understand all 3 are from different locations such as speedo = speed sensor\odometer=trans\fuel gauge=fuel tank\

but i was wondering if it could be an issue with the instrument cluster or instrument panel since the speedometer and fuel gauge partially work(speedo is 10 mph off and fuel gauge floats up and down)

PART II

there is no heat nor ac, i cannot hear the blower motor turn on. when ac is pressed i can hear the compressor activate but nothing blows out. the heat/ac controls are iffy as in i have to pull out the switches and it doesnt seem to push all the way in.

other than these minor issues the van runs like a champ and would like to fix her up the best i can

I dont know much about the van any diagrams or pictures would help a ton/ honestly i cant find much online for locations of parts or much of anything

Old 08-06-2016, 10:23 PM
SteveR
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would start by checking the battery connections and the grounds around the vehicle. There should be a ground just above your battery, another somewhere around the blower motor, one under the van to the front passenger side of the gas tank, one on the engine, and another near the alternator. The rear tail light housings are also used as grounds so some lights will not work when the screws/covers are removed.
I think the speedos on these vehicles are drastically incorrect, I would say to check the odometer against measured miles but I guess that isn't working or is also off?
Steve

Old 08-12-2016, 07:18 PM
wyldman
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the odometer does not function at all.and i dont know anything about odometers

i know the speedometer is 10 mph off, i plan to replace the speed sensor to see if that'll help if not ill move to the cable.

more importantly its already left me on the side of the road from fuel delivery issues. im trying to find where the fuel pump relay is now hopefully thats all or ill move on to
the fuel pump itself. the throttle body is clean as a whistle and injectors look brand new and the wires are ok. ill check the grounds tomorrow

thanks for the reply

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 91 250 ram van gauges/blower motor