Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

My van's story. and I need large sockets and spanners

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2017, 01:51 AM
Someday69
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My van's story. and I need large sockets and spanners

I have dug myself a real deep hole. I bought this 97 B2500 ram van. It's got about a six inch higher top to it. It was an emergency ambulance, not it's used as a cargo van..It's got two square holes cut for some kind of electrical, now it's just empty holes, there toward the drivers side back over the rear tire area..Then there's a round hole just behind the driver's seat area..Don't know what to do with them...Any ideas' would be welcome...

I bought moog suspension for the front end..Cause when I took the gray dog from San Francisco bay, to Portland to buy this van, and drove back here it was making all kinds of noise. I lifted it Up with my harbor frieght ton and a half lift.
And tryed to move the front wheel with my hands and I thought it was ball joints and tie'rodends..Even got my wife to jerk the steering wheel back and forth while holding on to the outter tierod,,
Then a mechanic told me it was most likely just Bearing's ..
So I just bought rotors bearings and seals, and brake pads....
Plan to start doing that job tomorow.Who know's how long it'll take me.
Mean while I watched Utube vid on someone doing a suspension project on my exact year and make and model..Yet he never said what socket's to use..
I will need bigger socket size's..and spanner's...Harbor freight here I come.
I mean I will not use them after this project, not that I know of..They will just be part of the van project I guess..
So far I'm real good at throwing parts at it.Yet I haven't even pulled off a tire yet..Time will tell. And I'll keep you Up dated..with my progress..
And wound you all with my lame questions...
This is exactly how I did all the work on my 02 twin cam harley..I got advice from a few site's on the net..I sent the heads to short'block Charley in Nevada, and Opened Up to 95'' w/ flat top pistons, 510 gear cams, and a whole lot more, God I loved that bike. My daughter got real sick, and I had to sell her off, yet I did make it to bike week in Florida, and across the states' once to Sturgis, lots of memories there..Well I'll stop bothering you..
Good night all...

Old 01-27-2017, 09:31 AM
alloro
Van & CUV Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 93 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by Someday69
I have dug myself a real deep hole.

So far I'm real good at throwing parts at it. Yet I haven't even pulled off a tire yet.
You should ponder these two related statements of yours. There's a lot to be said for diagnosing a problem and fixing only what needs to be fixed.

Old 01-27-2017, 11:57 AM
Someday69
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea, I'm going to harbor freight today and buy there $10 caliper, to measure my rotors. You use two coins, one on each side, saw it on utube.
Right now I'm wondering which is better for dodge, standard/ or metric size sockets and wrenches??

Old 01-28-2017, 11:22 AM
alloro
Van & CUV Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 93 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by Someday69
Right now I'm wondering which is better for dodge, standard/ or metric size sockets and wrenches??
Unfortunately the answer is, both.

Old 01-29-2017, 12:17 PM
rsdata
Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

learn how to post pictures and asking for advice will be lots easier to answer having a visual...