Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

thanks for the help with my trans band adj.

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2017, 03:54 PM
Someday69
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default thanks for the help with my trans band adj.

Well I finally got my hands on the 8 point - 5/16'' socket..

It fit my front and rear band adj. bolts..(on mine there both just square heads, no t40 on the front)..
Well I was able to use my inch lb. torque wrench, to tighten the front to 72''lbs-- then 2 and 7/8 turns back out. (I think I ended Up with 3....

and rear band to 72''lbs and 2 turns out...

It was hard to hold the bolt tight and tighten the lock nut...but I did my best...

Now all I have to do is pour the trany fluid back down the trans dip stick tube..

Hope it works better..it's raining so I still need to replace the fluid and test dirve it..IF it works good now, I'll drive to the alignment shop...

Old 04-06-2017, 08:42 PM
JFloors
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Glad you were able to figure it out and git er done Someday69
I had the same trouble holding the screw while tightening the nut too when doing mine. I guess start with the screw backed off just a touch of adjustment mark and let the 3/4 nut draw it in close to correct mark while tightening.

Old 04-07-2017, 09:26 AM
alloro
Van & CUV Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 78 Likes on 72 Posts

Let us know if it drives better than last time after you fill it up.

Old 04-07-2017, 11:53 AM
Someday69
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

YEA !!! It's working again...Ya'hoo-- I'm taking it in for alignment today, Then I hope to run it through it's pace's, and find any clunks or squeaks, or whatever...I know that it has loud tire noise, So I will rotate the tires..
Anyway the trans is back! And working again...Hey it's got 145,000 miles on it, and the shift lever doesn't seem to work like new, hey I can deal with that...the differential seems ok...Maybe it needs two drive line universal joints, I can do that...right now, it off to the les schwab for Alignment...

Thanks for all the help, it's good to have people '' in your corner''----