Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

Stuttering

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2017, 06:03 PM
hanswurst
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stuttering

Hi guys.
Hope you can help me. I own a Ram Van 2500 from 1998 and i am still happy with this car. But when you have a problem, it is not easy to find help in Germany.
In neutral the car sounds good. But when i push the pedal in D and start to drive, nothing happens for the first seconds. Than he stutters and after a few meters, everything is okay. I clean the throttle and replace all the three sensors. For a short time it feels better. But since two or three weeks, the same problem.
Do you have any ideas?
Sorry for english. Out of school since 20 years.

Old 05-20-2017, 06:57 PM
JFloors
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

which engine, 5.2 or 5.9? Define "Stutters" please... Are you saying the engine seems to cut out or miss in the first few meters and not yet warmed up?
A code reader would be a very good investment, helpful for you to know if there are and stored or pending codes if the "check engine light" is on.

Have you checked/pulled off anything like some spark plugs, wires, distributor cap and rotor for any sign of excessive wear? It may be time for a tune up.... Just giving some suggestions that are easy to get you started

*Also here's a link to read and help diagnose if your symptoms are like the ones described in this link
http://troubleshootmyvehicle.com/chr...e-tps-sensor-1

Last edited by JFloors; 05-20-2017 at 07:13 PM. Reason: added a link