Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

Fuel rail instalation / Lack of power

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2017, 02:35 PM
fzdarg
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Fuel rail instalation / Lack of power

Hello Fellows, I have a 98 van B1500 with a v6 3.9.

I'm replacing the 6 injectors.

A) Do any body has a easy trick to put them back again. As so far I end putting in with so much force that even with putting oil on the o-rings, some on the fuel rail side end not working and leaking, or one of the injector is not getting in the injector bore(s) in the intake manifold.

B) I been trying to recover a lack power and rough engine during acceleration with out codes by changing:

1) Air filter
2) PCV valve
3) IAC
4) TPS
5) Tune with new cables, rotor, plugs and cup
6) Cleaning the Throttle body
7) Inspecting the Vacuums lines
8) Inspect the plenum gasket from the manifold side with an inspection camera (doesn't look that is bad)
8) I change the fuel pump (with the regulator) and the fuel line

After changing the fuel pump and line I had a P0171 code (finally) Bank 1 System too Lean.

I toke the injectors off and clean them, since I drop one and the tip broke during the process I decide to buy the 6 of them...
So before installing the new ones I been trying to install the old ones but is really difficult (

So bought new 6 injectors, the O2 sensors for the cat and a Map sensor too. Hopefully this will end fixing something

Getting to the point Need help with:
tips to put the new injectors back as I explained above on Point A)
And if you think that changing O2 sensors, Map Sensor will bring my van to life recovering the engine power or if somebody has any idea, I read a lot of Threads with this problem but they don't tell if what they tried ends working.

I love my van and I don't want to turn it on fire...

Old 05-26-2017, 02:48 PM
alloro
Van & CUV Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts

When I changed mine I coated the rubber O-rings with Vaseline and they slipped right in.

Old 05-26-2017, 04:04 PM
fzdarg
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, will try with Caseline, did you put them in the rail first and then try to put them in or in the intake manifold first and then the rail?