Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

HELP! 1997 B2500 Van no power to fuel pump

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2017, 12:03 AM
tjkoko
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by johngerding
......does it have a safety that prevents the pump from turning on if the tank is empty?
Dunno. You might wanna' get a factory manual and see what it states. Here at FAXON:

http://www.faxonautoliterature.com/Search.aspx?c=128180

Old 07-30-2017, 12:05 AM
johngerding

I have not tested the ground at the pump with a multi meter yet and that is one thing I will be doing tomorrow... So far I have tried a new fuel pump, crankshaft sensor, and tested all fuses and relays for positive power, I have power at the pump and power at the crankshaft sensor, The van starts and runs when starter fluid is sprayed into the intake, no codes were pulled by the onboard diagnostics other then battery has been recently disconnected. I have not tested the old pump by connecting it direct to battery yet so that is another step I will take... Its looking like either a bad ground somewhere or possibly both fuel pumps were dead. any other suggestions are welcome, thanks for the help.

Old 07-30-2017, 12:27 AM
tjkoko
Professional

Is there a fuel pump RELAY that needs to be tested??

Old 07-30-2017, 12:30 PM
johngerding

So this morning I ran wires from the car battery with the pump in hand and got it to spin, so the pump is functional, however the pins that made the pump spin are in opposite corners of the pins that show power at the female harness... So something is telling the fuel pump not to run.... I just dont know what....

Old 07-30-2017, 04:37 PM
johngerding

Reinstalled the fuel tank, put gas in it and swapped the ECM for a reman from autozone and still nothing.... I have eliminated all the usual suspects at this point....

Old 07-31-2017, 08:58 AM
alloro
Van & CUV Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 76 Likes on 71 Posts

You said you had power going to the fuel pump relay. Are you talking about the coil wires or the power contacts? Power to the contacts AND power coming out of the contacts?