Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

strut rod bushings

Old 10-17-2017, 03:47 PM
Matthew6279
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default strut rod bushings

Help please. I have a 1999 dodge 3500 van and it needs strut rod bushings. Someone has already replaced them with some blue ones. I bought Mopar ones and they are not labeled front or rear. Which bushing goes to the front of the strut rod? The one with the collar or the one wtihout? Thanks! The blue ones the bushing with the collar is in the rear position but that seems wrong to me?

Old 10-18-2017, 12:13 AM
JFloors
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Which bushing goes to the front of the strut rod? The one with the collar or the one wtihout?
Here's a thread from 2015 that should help answer your question, read the captions above the pictures. This OP states the collar should be installed from the front and the collar through the mount hole.
I did this on my 99 3500 van too, about 5 years ago, just can't recall the process of which goes where... exactly! I do recall being careful to put it back together same as i had pulled it is about it for my recollection. still is in good shape and no crush or looseness too.

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/dodge-r...-bushings.html

hope that helps

Last edited by alloro; 10-18-2017 at 10:18 AM. Reason: dang! for got to add the link!! addded it now ;)
Old 10-18-2017, 06:02 PM
Matthew6279
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JFloors
Here's a thread from 2015 that should help answer your question, read the captions above the pictures. This OP states the collar should be installed from the front and the collar through the mount hole.
I did this on my 99 3500 van too, about 5 years ago, just can't recall the process of which goes where... exactly! I do recall being careful to put it back together same as i had pulled it is about it for my recollection. still is in good shape and no crush or looseness too.

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/dodge-r...-bushings.html

hope that helps
Yes and that makes sense. Collar from the front. The bushings on here are aftermarket and look like ACDelco. They are marked so the collar would be on the rear and didnt make sense to me.

Search this Thread