Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

Cylinders 1 and 2 Misfire Caper

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2018, 08:53 PM
JFloors
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This site is helpful and made simple even for guys like me. Read through this article ( 3 pages) nstructions and with a simple multimeter you should be able to verify whether the crank sensor is doing it's job...

http://troubleshootmyvehicle.com/chr...gnostic-test-2

Old 03-13-2018, 10:27 PM
JC2000
Amateur
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JFloors
This site is helpful and made simple even for guys like me. Read through this article ( 3 pages) nstructions and with a simple multimeter you should be able to verify whether the crank sensor is doing it's job...

http://troubleshootmyvehicle.com/chr...gnostic-test-2
Right. Thanks for this. The test appears to be a good test for diagnosing a cranking-not-starting issue though.
I'm curious if there's a way to test a sensor's overall performance to make sure that it's doing it's job accurately 100% of the time.

Old 03-14-2018, 10:06 AM
alloro
Van & CUV Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 72 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by JC2000
I recently did another compression test to be sure that compression wasn't the issue. Attached are the results. Looks like they're about 165 to 135 and the misfiring 1st and 2nd cylinders are in the middle.
Compression is good, but the condition of plugs 1 & 2 compared to the others would indicate a weak spark due to faulty plug wires or faulty fuel injectors giving too much fuel to those 2 cylinders.