Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

Hard delayed shift

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2018, 04:29 PM
arty4444
Professional
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for all advise and leads above. I have gone out of my way to 1 J/L near where I used to live as I had good service there for years. I went over the correct (+4) fluid with them and they assured me they had it but you never know and the franchise ownership had changed. I went to J/L thinking they at least wouldn't try to make any tranny problem I did have worse which any transmission shop I've dealt with or heard about in S. Fl. seems to feel is standard procedure.

Info above sounds like a doable DIY job. It'll take a couple weeks to get to but I'll post the results when I'm done.

Thanks

Old 03-15-2018, 10:41 PM
arty4444
Professional

Originally Posted by peppster66
where would we find info on adjusting the bands?. could it also have anything to do with the solenoid?,following this one closely, as I get the same symptoms sometime when the tranny is cold,,,,,
Before starting in on bands or solenoid you may want to try this simple linkage adjustment;

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DoyCJaGaUoY

i have a good feeling it's gonna fix my van tommorow.

Old 03-16-2018, 03:37 PM
arty4444
Professional

Problem fixed by adjusting transmission throttle body cable per previous posted vide link;

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DoyCJaGaUoY

I had the white clip the video refers to instead of the button but same procedure and alignment. Instead of pressing the button to adjust cable housing you pry clip out, adjust and press clip back in- 5 minutes no tools and tranny smooth as silk.
I hate to think what a shop would have done to my van and how much they would have charged me. If anyone wants more details I'll be glad to provide.
Thanks

Quick Reply: Hard delayed shift