Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

2001 Ram Van 3500 front brake line

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2018, 04:20 PM
kibblesret
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 Ram Van 3500 front brake line

I need to know how the front brake line that goes across the van is routed.
A shop replaced the line but it is not clipped to the frame anywhere. It just dangles down near the front sway bar.
The shop admitted they did not follow the original path and I cannot see where the old line was mounted.

Old 04-23-2018, 07:47 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Personally I'd take it back to them and tell them to secure it properly. You paid them money to perform a repair. I would not accept shoddy (potentially dangerous) workmanship.

Old 04-23-2018, 02:52 PM
kibblesret

As you might imagine the shop has gone out of business. They were new to town and I wanted to support them since we are a very small community.
I do not have the money to take it to another shop as that would invovle getting a tow truck to take it to our neighbouring community etc.
If anyone has a picture of the front brake lines on their 2001 Dodge Ram Van 3500 that they could share it would be a big help.

Old 04-23-2018, 03:36 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Man that sucks....hopefully someone will be along to help you out with a pic or two.

Old 04-23-2018, 08:57 PM
JFloors
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

On my 99 3500, the brake line- Soft line from the passenger side comes over the frame where there is a hold down. It goes forward and underneath the radiator but slightly forward of it , to what looks like the bottom of the radiator's support. bracket? There's a clip for the line near the passenger side then one also near the corner on the driverside, under but just forward of the bottom radiator.... Need a kink in your neck?? This may do that for you

The line then is routed up and over to front of the frame and from there I am not sure after the corner of driverside radiator. guessing up to the proportioning valve.

So between the soft line that has the hold down on the frame, to the other side frame I only made out 2 support clips under radiator, besides the 2 bolted hold downs on the frame each side, it's what I could see... hope that might help you

Last edited by JFloors; 04-23-2018 at 08:59 PM.
Old 04-25-2018, 02:43 PM
kibblesret

Thanks JFloors! You have made my day and yes it does make for a kink in my neck.
I can perhaps see why the guy at the shop did not bother to do it right but what was done is totally unsafe.
Thanks again!!

Old 04-26-2018, 09:17 PM
JFloors
Veteran

No problem, wasn't sure I'd be clear but glad to help

Old 04-26-2018, 09:25 PM
JFloors
Veteran

Sorry, thought reply didn't post

Quick Reply: 2001 Ram Van 3500 front brake line