Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

Lug Bolts / Wheel Stud - can't find for big front heavy duty axle 4000 lb. 1995 B3500

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2018, 04:18 PM
emanuel_v19
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I bought the drag link for my van, I specifically mentioned it had the 4000lb axle. All auto stores didn't show which axle weight on their computer system. One guy at Napa and another at Autozone told me if they don't show specific axle weights, it's because it's assumed that those are the appropriate parts to the van. Unless they show the axle weight, the parts will coincide to the vehicle. I bought the drag link and I really hope they are right.

This may be happening with the studs. No specific listing for the 4000lb axle must mean those are the correct parts?

I hope someone gives a better answer because I am looking to replace some of mine. Some are missing on my van!!!

Old 05-24-2018, 09:17 PM
SBQ
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK back from Dodge dealer. The parts dept. again like before (at the other Dodge dealer) told me the "the part is discontinued" meaning, they can't get it anymore nor have any stock of it. The parts guy even brought out a lug NUT out that was suppose to match our B3500. LOL it was not even close to our original. This is how screwed up the Dodge database is. The nut is smaller and i'm sure our factory tire wrench won't fit it.

Have called an independent parts supplier and they too advice, bring the part in so they can try and match it. Currently not an option as we're mobile.

SteveR: it seems even with the part #, the Dodge dealers aren't helping (or they just don't want to bother with the hassle?). These 4000 lb front axles can't be that rare are they? I don't want to take another bet at ordering from Napa or AutoZone (as their web catalog shows 5/8" size) when they are not exactly that size. Our garage mechanic made that mistake and had to send them back.

Emanuel: I don't believe the drag link is any different for the 2 different front axels. We had ours changed and nothing was special. What i'm having problems is the auto parts suppliers don't have the right part for our B3500. It would just be that much easier if an auto wrecker had one of these vans in the yard and just pull out the lug bolts.

Old 05-25-2018, 07:34 AM
SteveR
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can you buy the entire top hat with the studs? Dodge has discontinued everything over the last year or two. I am really concerned about my 2008 Diesel Jeep Grand Cherokee...it is a higher maintenance vehicle and it's toast when they stop supporting it.

In the end you just need to get the knurled part of the stud to be the correct diameter and the threads need to start at the same location as existing so you don't bottom out the nut. Perhaps you don't need a perfect match.

Quick Reply: Lug Bolts / Wheel Stud - can't find for big front heavy duty axle 4000 lb. 1995 B3500